What you should do
Slip and Fall Accidents and How to Get Compensated for Injuries in Tampa Bay Florida
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
There are a number of causes of slip and fall accident and it doesn’t matter where you fell. If it is found that the owners of a building were negligent and didn’t put up a warning, then you have the right to be compensated. Some of the causes of a slip and fall accident includes broken stairs, cracked sidewalk, defective construction, run-down property, and slippery floors, among many others. The owner of a property is required to maintain proper safety standards for safe public use of the property. However, to successfully start the claim, you would need a well-versed attorney to investigate the intricacies of the claim as they apply to law.
Steps You Need To Take After a Slip and Fall Accident
If you want your case to be handled the right way from the beginning, there are certain steps that you will need to take such as:
- Immediately report the accident to the owner of the property
- Seek medical help right away if you have been injured as time is of utmost importance
- Take snaps of the accident scene and the particular hazard that led to your slip and fall accident (before any repairs are undertaken by the property owner)
- Contact your attorney as soon as possible and explain what exactly happened in detail
- Record the address, name and phone numbers of the witnesses of the accident as they can testify against the property owner
In a slip and fall accident, determining liability is very important and you may be able to file a claim for injury in the following cases:
- The owner of the property or his employee caused the dangerous condition of the property
- The owner had prior knowledge of the danger, but chose to ignore it (or did nothing about it)
- You did not have fault in the cause of the injury you sustained (for example, you might be at fault if you ignored a sign indicating that the surface was slippery)
Hopefully, you will never be in a position in which you need the legal services of a Tampa Bay personal injury lawyer that specializes in slip & fall accidents and injuries, but in the event that you do, please give Hoag Law Firm a call at (727) 231-5420 or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced attorney at your side, you can recover the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.