Slip and fall are some of the most common personal injuries that attorneys like Brian Hoag see. It might seem like a joke, but these injuries can cause lasting pain. People have a duty to keep their premises as safe as possible. If they do not, you may have a case.
Most Common Slip and Fall Hazards
Floors and flooring issues cause many slip and fall injuries. The following are some of the conditions that cause hazardous conditions.
Floors and Stairs
- Not warning people about wet or damp floors
- Not closing areas with a wet or damp floor
- Excessively polishing or waxing a floor (including a sloping surface and stairs), applying polish or wax unevenly
- Waxing/polishing/wet a floor next to an untreated or dry floor
- Not using “non-skid” treatments
- Torn or worn carpet or rugs with raised edges, worn spots, or holes
- Items that might catch on footwear on floors or stairs
- Missing/broken stair handrails
- Rounded or worn steps
- Narrow stairs
- Poor lighting
Elevators and Escalators
- Unexpected movements in the machinery
- Catching clothing or extremities on the machinery
- Inadequate Outdoor lighting
- Tripping over curbing or parking lot stairs
- Holes and uneven surfaces.
- Poorly filled and patched cracks and holes
- Abrupt differences in height from one section of the lot to another
Sidewalks are a gray area. However, business sidewalks and private walkways are the responsibility of the property owner. If you slip and fall on a public sidewalk, you need to speak to a slip and fall attorney immediately.
To have a case for a slip and fall injury, you must have been injured and the property owner must demonstrate responsibility for the condition that caused the slip and fall. If you have suffered a slip and fall injury, you should consider contacting a lawyer who specializes in personal injury. With Brian Hoag, the initial consultation is always free.
About Brian Hoag
Hopefully, you will never need the legal services of a Tampa personal injury lawyer that specializes in slip and fall liability, but if you do, please give Hoag Law Firm a call at (727) 231-5420 or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced attorney at your side, you can recover the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.