What Can I Do if I am Involved in a Motorcycle Accident in Tampa Bay?
If you have been in a motorcycle accident because of the negligence or fault of someone else or because of reasons that do not involve your fault, you can file for damages. In such cases a lawyer specializing in motorcycle accidents can help you understand what the legalities here might entail and how to navigate the lawsuit. But you won’t need an attorney if you injured yourself when you accidentally hit a wall or a tree with absolutely no fault of anyone else.
When to Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Knowing when to hire a lawyer to deal with your motorcycle accident can help you get the best possible help towards getting your damages.
- You are entitled to seek damages if your motorcycle accident was caused because of bad roads or any obstacle on the road.
- If your accident is because of damaged traffic lights or incorrect signage on the roads, you can file for damages.
- Your accident could be because of negligence or fault of another motorist or driver. In such cases a person is liable for compensation.
- The accident could result in severe injuries causing permanent body damage that could lead to loss of job or income. In cases of death due to motorcycle accidents a spouse or children could file for damages.
Reasons to Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
There are several reasons why you should hire a lawyer if you have been in a motorcycle accident.
- Your lawyer can help you in your case by informing you of the laws under which your lawsuit might be operating. There are federal laws regarding accident cases. Then there are state laws for motorcycle accidents that might differ. A lawyer well-versed in laws related to your injury and lawsuit can help you get your compensation.
- Your lawyer can guide you as to what types of damages you can file for. An accident injury calls for medical bills, loss of income, physical trauma, emotional suffering for the injured and their family and cost of your motorcycle repair.
- In case your injury is so grave that you might never be able to find meaningful employment or remain bedridden for life or an undefined period of time, then your motorcycle accident lawyer can counsel you how to proceed here.
- Injuries leading to death of the motorcycle driver, a lawyer can help the family of the deceased to get the compensation resulting from the accident.
Hopefully, you will never be in a position in which you need the legal services of a Tampa personal injury lawyer that specializes in motorcycle accidents, but in the event that you do, please give Hoag Law Firm a call at or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced attorney at your side, you can recover the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.