What you should do
Although the roads in Tampa Bay are perfect for a motorcycle ride, it is still quite dangerous if you are riding at a great speed and not wearing proper safety equipment. As a motorcycle rider you must be very careful, especially on the highway as the pavement is just a few inches away from your feet and you do not have any insulated cage for protection. Most of the motorbike riders normally take all the needed precautions, but there are many others who do not and as a consequence suffer from serious accidents. In case you have been a victim of a motorbike accident, do not think that you have to suffer alone.
Here are some of the common accidents where motorcycles are usually involved:
- A vehicle swerving into a lane where a biker is riding
- Vehicles suddenly taking a sharp left turn in front of a biker
- Crashing into a stationary bike
- Failure to yield the right of way to a biker at a crossing
Failure to yield
The most common reason given to an injured bike rider by the other party is that they failed to see them. Although the at-fault party may sound apologetic, but you must be careful and must preserve and collect the evidence of liability to get any kind of compensation from the insurance company. Various insurance companies have the tendency to shift the blame to the victim, so you must take the steps needed to collect the evidence if you truly believe that there was no fault of yours.
Fatal Motorcycle Accident
In case of a death during a motorcycle accident due to the careless action of another person, it is a case of wrongful death and the immediate family members of the victim have the right to recover damages and compensation in the form of:
- Expenses for conducting the funeral
- Loss of companionship
- Medical bills received before the death of the victim
- Loss of future financial support
Steps you need to take immediately after the accident
Here are some steps you must take to protect your rights after a motorbike accident:
- Seek medical attention as quickly as possible as the early hours after the accident are the most critical
- Obtain the telephone numbers of the witnesses
- Do not make any statement
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident
- Do not accept any settlement from the other party
Hopefully, you will never be in a position in which you need the legal services of a Tampa personal injury lawyer that specializes in motorcycle accidents, but in the event that you do, please give Hoag Law Firm a call at (727) 231-5420 or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced attorney at your side, you can recover the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.