What you should do
Why Would I Need a Construction Accident Injury Attorney?
The work of construction workers is filled with danger especially those who work at buildings with great heights. Construction sites have big machines, trucks full of building materials and a structure under construction. Therefore work-related injuries are fairly common in this line of work and construction companies often plan a compensation system for the injured, which depends on the kind and extent of injury.
Construction site workers are protected by the laws of workers’ compensation, which entitles injured workers to receive damages immediately without filing a lawsuit. Even though workers are liable for compensation in most cases, a construction accident injury lawyer with experience in handling cases of construction injuries can be of great help here.
Reasons for hiring a construction accident injury lawyer
Lawyers specializing in construction injury lawsuit can help the workers in many ways.
- Accidents on construction sites can happen even after all the safety regulations are in place and strictly adhered to. So it helps the workers to know how to file a lawsuit to claim their compensation.
- There are times when more than one contractor is handling the work on the construction site. In such cases if workers are not injured by the negligence of their employers but of another contractor; the construction company or a contractor can refuse to pay any amount to the workers who have been injured. The lawsuit case in such situations can become quite complicated and better to hire a professional to handle the case rather than just filing claims that won’t be entertained or having discussions with employers with no solution in sight.
- If a worker is injured to the negligence or mistake of a coworker then the injured party cannot use the workers’ compensation for receiving the compensation. The case here gets complicated and might need a different legal plan.
- In some cases injuries can also occur after the construction on the building has been completed. This could be because of faulty construction or some negligence. Maybe some safety measure was not adhered to leading to accidents. To receive compensation in such cases workers might need the help of a lawyer as claims here cannot be filed using worker’s compensation.
- Injuries at construction sites are not limited to workers. Bystanders could get injured if a heavy object falls on them or due to any other reasons. In these cases, the lawsuit case is filed under personal injury because non-employees cannot get any damages through workers compensation.
Hopefully, you will never be in a position in which you need the legal services of a Tampa Bay personal injury lawyer that specializes in construction accidents, but in the event that you do, please give Hoag Law Firm a call at (727) 231-5420 or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced attorney at your side, you can recover the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.