Why do I Need a Truck Accident Lawyer (St. Petersburg, Florida)
The sad reality today is that Florida ranks among the leading states where deaths and injuries related to commercial truck accidents is a concern. If you live in St. Petersburg, you are familiar with the fact that hundreds of people die and get seriously injured on the roads of Florida. The lives of the victims and their families are destroyed due to the wrongful deaths and injuries that are caused by negligent driving and violations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act (FMSCA)
Causes of accident
The causes of accident may be:
- Distracted or impaired driver
- Lack of trucking experience
- The truck being defective
- Poor conditions of the road or weather
- The truck loading being improper
There may be more than one defendants including the driver, the truck manufacturer, the trucking company, insurance companies, and contractors depending on how the accident was caused.
Common injuries sustained
The damages sustained due to a trucking accident is rarely simple. The result of the injuries may be broken bones, burns, lacerations, disfigurement, spinal cord damage, paralysis; and it may even lead to death of the people involved in the accident.
How can a lawyer help you?
Sustaining an injury or facing the loss of a loved one is tragic and traumatic. Facing a battle with the trucking company after going through the accident can be more difficult. A truck accident lawyer from St. Petersburg, Florida, will do their best to see you through the difficult times and help you seek the compensation you deserve.
- Your lawyer will strive to prove the trucking company’s and other defendant’s negligence and role in the accident.
- Your lawyer will help you make sure that you are compensated for doctor’s visits, hospital bills, expenses of rehabilitation and home care.
- In case of missed work or inability to work for an extended time period, your lawyer will help you get compensation for lost wages or reduction in earning capacity.
- The pain and suffering that you had to go through can also be compensated.
- The spouse of the victim who has extensive injuries may file a loss of consortium claim for the loss of comfort and companionship.
- If the accident was caused by reckless driving, your lawyer can assist you in recovering punitive damages. The law of punitive damage was made to discourage drivers from driving in a reckless and dangerous manner.
- A lawyer will help you file a wrongful death lawsuit if your spouse or a loved one passed away due to a truck accident. As a surviving spouse or next of kin, you may get compensated financially for medical expenses, expenses of the funeral, loss of consortium, pain and suffering and other damages.
- Even if you are at fault, PIP or no-fault insurance will provide you all the help. But if you are not treated for an emergency condition, you may receive limited benefits. An attorney will help you receive all the help you are entitled to.
- The lawyer will also review your case to determine if your injuries and damages can be compensated by PIP or if you need to seek compensation through a lawsuit.
Hopefully, you will never be in a position in which you need the legal services of a truck accident lawyer, but in the event that you do, please give Hoag Law Firm a call or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced attorney at your side, you can recover the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.