When Do you Need a Slip Fall Accident Attorney Tampa (Florida)
A property owner, both private and public, has a responsibility to keep invited and uninvited guests safe from any harm. The term slip and fall or trip and fall is a legal term that protects and covers you from the injuries incurred on the property due to their negligence.
Slip and fall injuries may have serious results, from severe pain to permanent damage and even death. Such cases should not be taken lightly, and you may be entitled to compensation to cover your medical bills and lost wages under the law of premises liability. It holds the owners responsible for injuries relating to slip and fall to loss and damage due to negligent security.
The injuries may happen anywhere – at places like supermarkets, hospitals, and hotels. The reasons may range from spilled liquid, broken railings, falling objects to icy walk paths. The injuries may be diverse, from simple cuts and bruises to brain damage and paralysis.
Things you need to do immediately after the injury
- First and foremost you must seek medical help
- If in a condition to do so, assess what had caused you the injury.
- If possible take photographs that show the scene of the incident and the hazardous object.
- Get information like names, address and phone numbers of the witnesses.
- Try to remember anything the officials, owners or the other responsible people say to you.
- Have the manager compile a report on what had happened
- If you were making a purchase, retain the receipts
How can an attorney help you?
A slip fall accident attorney Tampa may start with determining whether you are eligible to receive a compensation and if so, he/she may have an approximate value of how much. The attorney may even do a detailed investigation into the accident. The other ways he may help with are:
- Securing any kind of evidence before the owner has a chance of fixing or repairing the hazard.
- Conducting research like finding out if there were any CCTVs or other cameras that had recorded the accident.
- Finding out if a similar incident had occurred in the same place or in the same way and if any complaints had been filed
- Checking if any government codes or regulations on safety standards were violated with the help of an expert.
- They make sure that the proper procedures are followed and help with filing the correct paperwork at the correct time as any delay may cause the Statue of Limitations to expire and you may not be able to reap the deserved monetary benefits.
- The slip and fall attorneys know exactly what questions to ask and to whom. They have the required knowledge on how to conduct the necessary research, what evidence to preserve and how.
The attorneys strive to prove that
- A condition like a spill, slippery floor or a worn carpeting was created by the owner or the person responsible.
- In spite of recognizing the potential danger, the owner or the person responsible took no actions to remedy it or correct it.
- The condition was not visible or noticeable to the victim and the accident could not have been avoided.
If you have been put in harm’s way due to another’s actions, silence would not help you. The required actions have to be taken to claim what you deserve, and it is your right.
Hopefully, you will never be in a position in which you need the legal services of a slip-fall accident attorney Tampa, but in the event that you do, please give Hoag Law Firm a call at or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced attorney at your side, you can recover the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.