What you should Know About Home Insurance Claims in Tampa Florida
The home insurance policies are a mix of liability and property insurances. There are many kinds of disputes that arise in this area. If another person sues the owner of the home for an injury or damage that took place on the property, the insurance company needs to provide for the legal defense. Some owners raise disputes based on the insurance company’s inability or failure to support the owner from third party claims. Delayed, denied or underpaid claims for property damage are the cause of other disputes. Disagreements over the value of the damaged or lost property also causes disputes. An insurance claims attorney can help you with your claim.
To avoid such scenario, it is necessary that the people of Tampa, Florida, know more about home insurance claims and make an informed decision.
- Thoroughly review and understand your policy. Do not wait for calamity to strike. You may want to have an insurance claims attorney to review your policy in the face of a damage to understand what the policy covers. The coverage needs to be checked to assure yourself that the policy still fits your needs and is adequate. It is often seen that due to the policy holder’s ignorance about the terms and language used in the paperwork, he/she often ends up under insured.
- The owners need to make sure to take pictures of their property for future reference, especially when a storm or such is predicted. Take enough pictures of your walls and ceiling. This way the insurance provider cannot claim the damage to be due to normal wear and tear or as pre-existing.
- You may want to hire an adjuster who acts independently. Remember to save all the receipts and estimates, also get their copies. Make a list of all possessions that were damaged with the original costs and costs incurred to repair or replace them.
- Do not wait for an adjuster from the insurance companies to make the temporary adjustments. Repair your broken doors, windows and ceilings that leak so that the insurance provider doesn’t claim that they resulted from waiting too long. All documents and receipts need to be saved to make sure the insurance provider reimburses them.
- If a claim is denied, do not assume that the policy doesn’t cover it. Go through the paper work again to make sure the grounds of denial are not false.
- More than two claims in three to five years may count against you.
- There are certain damages that can’t be covered. Mold, sewer backups, termite infestation and nuclear disasters are often not covered. Some insurance providers may cover some of them for an additional premium amount. It is good to know that Florida is currently the only state where insurance coverage against sinkholes are provided.
- Acts of terrorism making use of biological, chemical, nuclear or radioactive means are uninsured. Home insurance policies do not even refer to terrorist attacks, though the policy will cover damage caused due to fire, smoke and explosion, which are the most common types of damages seen in such attacks.
Hopefully, you will never be in a position in which you need the legal services of an insurance claims attorney, but in the event that you do, please give Hoag Law Firm a call or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced attorney at your side, you can recover the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.