Third-Party Lawsuits for Construction Injuries
If your construction injury was caused by a third party or by defective equipment, you may be able to sue through a third-party lawsuit.
Worker’s comp does not cover pain and suffering. A third-party lawsuit can cover those claims. However, you must either show negligence or that equipment was defective and caused your injury. For a third-party lawsuit, you must be able to show the following:
- another person/ entity was required to act in a reasonable and safe manner
- this person/entity failed and was negligent
- you were injured because of that negligence
Third party entities may be subcontractors or vendors. They may also not even be on the actual job site, such as architects, engineers, and suppliers. If one of these people were negligent, you may be entitled to collect damages from them and/or their employer. These could include:
- a fall from improperly erected scaffolding
- reckless driving by a truck driver
- defectively-designed safety equipment that leads to an injury
- electric shocks from defective equipment
- repetitive motion injuries
- hazardous/toxic chemical leaks or spills from faulty equipment/decisions,
- trench collapse due to improperly-built barriers
Product Liability Lawsuits
If your injury resulted from a defective piece of equipment, you may be able to file a product liability lawsuit. However, you must be able to prove the following:
- the injury-causing equipment was unreasonably dangerous as designed
- you were using equipment in the manner intended
- the equipment has a dangerous defect
A good construction injury attorney like Brian Hoag knows the law when it comes to collecting damages for you. There are many avenues that a construction injury case may take. Brian Hoag will be able to advise you on your best course. He will also represent you in court or with insurance companies. You don’t need to face them alone!
If you have suffered a construction injury in the Tampa area, you should seriously consider contacting Brian Hoag. He can help you navigate the legal system and will work to get you the maximum compensation allowable by law. You don’t need to work on your recovery AND deal with the legal system. Let an experienced attorney deal with the legal system. The peace of mind of not having to deal with the law will help you regain part of your life.
About Brian Hoag
Hopefully, you will never be in a position in which you need the legal services of a Tampa personal injury lawyer that specializes in construction injuries, but if you do, please give Hoag Law Firm a call at or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced attorney at your side, you can recover the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.