Motorcycle Safety in Tampa Florida
Motorcycle accidents can be nasty and damaging to life and limb of both driver and pillion rider even if they are wearing safety gear. But if you are driving on the highway at top speed then you should be especially careful as pavement is inches away from the ankle and a little misjudgment can lead to serious injury if the motorcycle does not have a protective cage in the front. Sometimes even the most cautious motorcycle drivers are involved in dangerous accidents due to errors which are not always done by them. With open beaches and wide countryside roads, Tampa Florida is the ideal location for long motorcycle rides to enjoy fresh air, but which can sometimes turn fatal. If you are not familiar with personal injury law, it is best to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents
- Sudden entry of another vehicle into a lane meant for motorbikes.
- The vehicle in front of a bike takes a sharp left turn without giving any indication.
- The vehicle in front of a biker stops without warning causing the biker to crash into it.
- Crashing into a bike or another vehicle that is parked at a blind turning.
- Failure to yield way to another vehicle or biker at a crossing
- Sudden entry of a pedestrian into the road trying to cross to the other side.
Important steps to protect victim rights after a motorcycle accident
Taking treatment for injuries at a hospital or clinic immediately after the accident.
- Obtaining complete contact details of witnesses to the accident
- Refraining from making any statements to legal authorities
- Taking pictures of the accident scene from every angle.
- Not taking any cash settlement from other party at scene of crime.
Filing for claim from motorcycle accidents
Most insurance companies have a tendency to blame the accident on the victim to save themselves from paying hospital bills and compensation. If a victim or witnesses of a motorcycle accident is able to collect evidence from the accident site only then they can seek compensation. In case the person/s causing the accident and injury is trying to escape from the scene after sounding overly apologetic collect contact details and address from the scene of crime itself waiting for legal process.
Unfortunate situation of fatal motorcycle accident
When a person dies due to a motorcycle accident which has been caused due to the driver of another vehicle, the family members of deceased victim should contact a motorcycle accident lawyer and claim for damages and expenses in following categories:
- Medical charges incurred during treatment after accident and before victim died.
- Mental anguish and loss of income if he/she was an earning member of the family.
Hopefully, you will never be in a position in which you need the legal services of a Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer, but in the event that you do, please give Hoag Law Firm a call or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced attorney at your side, you can recover the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.