How to Pursue a Claim — Construction Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered an injury as a result of a construction accident, legal representation from a Tampa personal injury attorney can significantly expedite your recovery. A typical construction job involves workers of all sorts, and just about any of them can play a role in injury-causing accidents. There are usually many people present at a construction site performing various tasks that can lead to dangerous situations, such as operating heavy machinery or large trucks. However, other individuals who may not be present at the job site, such as engineers or architects, may directly or indirectly cause an injury. If your injury was caused by the negligence of any of these individuals, a construction injury lawyer can help you claim for damages against that individual as well as the individual’s employer.
Construction injury claims typically assume the form of traditional lawsuits with similar procedures as you would experience within a personal injury suit that revolves around an auto accident. In general, there are three points that must be proven to achieve success within a construction injury suit.
- Another individual had the duty to act in a safe manner in regard to those around them.
- The individual failed to perform this duty and acted negligently
- You were injured due to this negligence.
Negligence within a construction site can be defined in numerous ways, such as:
- A truck driver who drives recklessly, which causes an accident
- Defective safety equipment that leads to injury
- A fall from an improperly constructed scaffolding
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Electric shocks stemming from defective equipment
- A collapsed trench due to defective trench barriers
- Hazardous chemical spills or leaks as a result of defective equipment or human error
Product Liability — Tampa Personal Injury Attorney
Sometimes a construction injury is caused specifically by defective equipment rather than improper use of the equipment by another person. Instead, the equipment may malfunction due to improper design or manufacture. In this situation, a Tampa personal injury attorney can help you bring forth your claim as a civil lawsuit for product liability. Defendants in product liability lawsuits can be anyone in the supply chain from the equipment designer to the supplier of the parts used to create the faulty equipment. Though those deemed responsible for the defect may have little or nothing to do with the construction site itself, their actions are likely to have led to your injury if the court can prove that the equipment in question did, in fact, lead to your injury. Generally speaking, there are three criteria used to prove this.
- The injury-causing equipment was shipped by the manufacturer or supplier in a state that the average reasonable person would consider defective or dangerous
- Your injury occurred while properly using the equipment in the manner intended
- The defect found in the equipment directly or indirectly resulted in your injury.
If you are interested in pursuing a claim for an injury sustained on a construction work site, a construction injury accident in Tampa can help you determine your legal options and confirm whether you have a case. Don’t let a construction accident rob you of your ability to enjoy your life. Contact a Tampa personal injury attorney today to take the first step toward your claim.
Hopefully, you will never be in a position in which you need the legal services of a Tampa car accident lawyer, but in the event that you do, please give Hoag Law Firm a call or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation from an experienced Tampa personal injury lawyer can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced personal injury attorney in Tampa at your side, you can recover from a car accident with the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.