Debt Collection Harassment in Tampa
Looking for information on a debt collection harassment lawyer in Tampa? You’ve come to the right place.Getting harassed over a debt is illegal. You do not need to put up with getting harassed any longer.
The Hoag Law Firm specializes in debt collection harassment. We will help you understand your rights. We will stop harassing creditors’ calls and letters. Our initial consultation is free.
Are You Suffering Debt
You are protected from debt collection harassment. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and the Florida Consumer Collection Practices (FCCP) protect you.
The FDCPA protects you from any of the following actions taken by debt collection agencies:
• Threatening violence or using profanities
• Speaking to your employer except under limited conditions
• Sending derogatory messages about you to a credit reporting agency
• Contacting third parties about your debt or otherwise embarrassing you
• Contacting you between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m. without your permission
• Claiming to be an attorney or a government official
• Sending letters that look like attorney or governmental letters but that are not
• Attempting to collect an expired debt
• Hiring an unlicensed credit collection agency
• Sending information on a postcard
• Communicating with you while represented by an attorney
The Florida FCCP Act goes one step further. This state law offers the same protections from original creditors. It also states that debt buyers must give thirty days’ notice before attempting to collect.
I am being Debt Collection Harassed!
Contacting a debt collection harassment lawyer, like Brian Hoag, is an excellent first step. Brian Hoag will contact the collection agencies and put a stop to the harassment. In addition, he can enter into debt settlement negotiations. You may even see a reduction in how much you owe. Finally, if the harassment continue, we will represent you in court. Depending on your situation, we may even be able to recover damages for you.
Hopefully, you will never need the legal services of a Tampa personal injury lawyer that specializes in debt collection harassment. But in the event that you do need a debt collection harassment lawyer, please give Hoag Law Firm a call at or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced attorney at your side, you can recover the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.