Debt Collection Attorney in Tampa Bay
The Fair Debt Collection Practice Act stipulates the debt collection laws that Tampa Bay creditors and residents should follow. The Act spells out the relationship between creditors and debtors. Some of the debt collections collection laws that Tampa Bay creditors should adhere to include:
- Creditors should desist from using profanity and offensive language while calling the debtors.
- The creditor should not call the debtor all hours of the night or at their place of work.
- The creditor should not misrepresent facts; for instance, claiming that a debtor owes them more than they actually do.
- Calling at inconvenient hours, including before 8 pm and after 9 pm
- Calling the debtor without properly identifying themselves as debt collectors
- Threatening the debtor with violence
If the creditors break the law, the debtor has the right to sue them for creditor harassment.
What happens when a debtor suffers from creditor harassment? The debt harassment attorney Tampa Bay will offer legal guidance on handling the issue. Brian Hoag, a debt harassment attorney in Tampa Bay, deals with subrogation litigation, commercial, and individual debt collection on your behalf. Debt limitation in Florida such as household, head of household wages and property exemptions may prevent the debt collection agency from collecting on the debt at all.
Other roles of debt harassment attorney, Tampa Bay, include:
- Offering legal counsel: Brian Hoag offers legal advice to affected parties. In some cases, he files a lawsuit against the creditor that may satisfy the entire debt or result in a payment to the debtor.
- Consultation services: Consult Brian Hoag for guidance on any issue related to debt collection harassment.
Hopefully, you will never be in a position in which you need the legal services of a Tampa personal injury lawyer that specializes in debt collection harassment, but in the event that you do, please give Hoag Law Firm a call or complete your online Free Case Evaluation. A free consultation can help you understand your rights. With honest advice and an experienced attorney at your side, you can recover the largest possible settlement and get back to living your life.